Friday, October 21, 2011

My Cricut Craft Room's Festive Friday

Welcome to Festive Friday!!!!!  Cricut Craft Room has all sorts of fabulous holiday fun going on today!! Don't forget to go over there and see it all!!!


I chose to do Halloween today, as it is coming up and I needed to make something for my son's class, so this is what I came up with:



For this cute little treat bag, I just used some small treat bags I found at Hobby Lobby and some basic black, orange and white cardstock from my stash.  The ribbon is also from Hobby Lobby.  For the topper itself, I cut a 4"x 4.5" rectangle using my Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and black cardstock.  Then, I scored it halfway along the 4.5" side and folded it; after that, I cut a small rectangle out of the middle (two slits) to fold backward to form a pencil holder.  Then, I wrapped the ribbon around the bottom of it and attached it using glue dots.  For the decoration, I cut a 2.25" scallop circle from  Accent Essentials out of white cardstock (the Shift key of accent31) and a 2.75" out of orange.  On the white, I stamped a candy corn from some stamps in my stash and colored it with some Copic markers I won from Erica (thank you, Erica!!)  Then I stamped the "Trick or Treat" from another stamp stash over the coloring.  After that, I mounted the white scallop on the orange with some foam strips and then mounted the whole thing on the black with more foam strips.  Then, I stapled the whole thing to the treat bag.  Note:  staple the black rectangle part BEFORE attaching the decoration in the middle.....would just be easier. :)

This is a very simple Halloween project, but I tried something new - coloring with my Copics - so I'm happy with myself.  And, I think the kids will love this as well: they get candy AND a pencil and erasers. :)

I hope you've enjoyed my project and, again, don't forget to go by My Cricut Craft Room to see all the Festive Friday projects the Design Team has going on!

2 comments:

Jen R said...

So cute...I didn't even notice the pencil at first. LOL The kids will love this. TFS

Connie Layman said...

Your treat bags are awesome and the pencil was a great idea!