Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Cricut Craft Room's Card Creating Sundays

Making cards is fun!  And, much simpler (to me) than entire scrapbook page layouts.  Apparently, I am not the only one, as Erica has now had to add this, a SECOND Card Creating Day because it has become the most popular day among the Design Team. :)

If you came from My Cricut Craft Room, you're in the right spot. If you just happened across my blog, be sure to go and visit My Cricut Craft Room because Erica has a sneak peak at ALL of the wonderfully fabulous cards that were made for today.

Here's my card for today:



First, I love this card because I LOVE monkeys!!!  And frogs, but that's another story. Secondly, I love it because I just LOVE these tri-shutter cards Kat turned me on to.  You can make the cutest little card without having to figure out some lengthy sentiment to put in it. :)

Directions on the tri-shutter card can be found here.  I used a base of brown cardstock and layered in using the polka dot sheet from a cardstock pack I found at Big Lots (Precious Petals Assorted Openstock Paper Pack - Little Safari), some plain turquoise cardstock from my stash (which was embossed with Circles and Spots on the Cuttlebug), and the green is from an adhesive 4.5x6.5 paper stack I bought at Hobby Lobby.  The vines on the green strips are from a stamp set I won from Erica (thanks!) and used chocolate brown Martha Stewart ink.

The little monkeys I did using Create A Critter, using black, cream/tan and brown cardstock from my stash. They are cut at 3".  The monkey on front is FUZZY!!!  Acutally FUZZY!!! Eek! I just love it!!!  I used my Zig 2-way glue pen, applied it liberally on the brown layer and covered it with flocking just like you do with glitter.  After drying (I left mine for a full day before I checked it just to make sure the glue had dried well) you can shake off any excess flocking to reveal your fuzzy monkey. (I should note here that you should do the flocking BEFORE adding that layer to the monkey - keeps you from having to be SOOO careful with where you apply the glue.) The "SMILE" sentiment also came from Create A Critter and is cut at 1.35" (I use my Gypsy for everything) using the same plain turquoise cardstock from my stash as the other squares (though I did NOT emboss the "SMILE").  I attached the SMILE and the fuzzy monkey on front using foam strips I also won from Erica. (I highly recomment these as opposed to the dots you can get simply because you can cut them to whatever size you need and they are skinny enough for things like these little monkeys' arms and legs.)

That's it!! I hope you have enjoyed my fun little monkey card that I plan to send to Erica for her St. Jude Project Sunshine and Smiles and come back to see me next week for some more fun!

4 comments:

Suzys Crafts said...

That is such a cute card. I have been wanting to try to make a tri-shutter card. And I wish I could feel the little fuzzys. :) Great job Autumn!

Jen R said...

Cute card...I love the monkeys. I just tried the flocking myself and I am loving it. TFS

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What a fun, fun card! Love those cute little monkeys and the tri-shutter fold is just fabulous!

Gabriel Frost said...

Lovely blog you have